Dried fruit has been obtainable for thousands of years in the vast Mediterranean and Middle East countries. Dates are one of the earlier dried fruits that you might eat. Dried fruit generally contains water. In the factory, taking out the fruit’s water is done by sun drying or operating a particular machine known as a dehydrator. When holding natural water is removed when drying, you have to understand that the fruit’s natural sugars are present in concentrated form.
Some popular dried fruits include dates, raisins, prunes (dried plums), apricots, figs, and peaches. In some countries, some summer fruits such as dried mango, pineapple, and berries are available in the market or online, but these dry fruit mix online tend to be parched with little added sugar.
You can start your new day by adding more sweetness and enjoying dried fruits. Various dried fruits are readily available on the market, or you can order them online.
Nutritional Benefits Of Dried Fruit
- Dried fruits are a source of antioxidants in a balanced diet. Dried peaches and apricots are valuable sources of carotenoids that your body can transform into vitamin A.
- Raisins, Prunes, and apricots also contain a vast amount of iron.
- Many dried fruits also contain fiber. You can easily imagine how good it is a fiber when you take ¼ cup of these dried fruits:
- You Remember one thing: dried fruit concentrates more sugar than whole fruit. If you have diabetes, it is better to contact a dietitian to know how much-dried fruit you can include in your diabetes meal plan.
Process Of Converting Dry Fruits From Farm To Packaging
- Farm production
- Select ripe fruit for drying. Or use fresh fruits, free from mold and blemish.
- Even slicing of food lets the dry air circulate and dry the exterior area of the food first.
- The higher amount of water content, the larger you should slice.
- For Whole fruit drying process needs time and attention for a successful product.
- Before drying, please put them in boiling and cold water to burst the skin. This process is called “checking” the product and will hurry the drying procedure.
Test For Dryness
- Dried fruits are best to use when they get 20 percent moisture content. Because fruit will be more pliable when warm and cool, test fruit is possible.
- They must place apart, and Berries should clatter when kept in a container.
- After dryings finish, cool the fruit before storing it,
- It would help if you were careful not to vacate out to collect additional moisture from the air.
- The dry fruits are then ready to be conditioned.
- After drying, conditioning dried foods is the final step before unlimited storage.
- For fruit, please place them in a cooled, tightly sealed glass jar and shake daily for about 7 to 10 days.
- If condensation happens, it should return to the dehydrator for additional drying.
- Package all dried food for long-term depository after conditioning for ten days.
- During storage, keep food with vitamin A or C out of direct sunlight.
Packers must consult the market when selecting a package for fresh, dried fruits. In some markets, standard packages might require by law. But nowadays, you can quickly achieve fresh dry fruit online, and proper packaging rules are maintained to offer you the best dry fruits available in the market.