If you are like me, your mobile phone is just like another appendage. If Darwinism has any validity, one day people will evolve into a part human, part mobile device, internet based hybrid. But while the mad scientists are in the lab trying to splice DNA and microprocessors, you need to explore 7 reasons you need to incorporate a mobile marketing strategy into your business’ local internet marketing strategy.
1. Mobile phone usage is exploding in the United States. Currently, there are more than 302.9 million mobile subscribers in the United States, that’s equal to almost 96% of the population!
2. People are spending more and more time on their mobile(cell phone repair service) devices browsing the internet. More than 89% of the handsets operating on wireless carriers’ networks are capable of browsing the internet.
3. By 2014, it is estimated that more than 3 billion of the world’s adult population will be able to conduct transactions using mobile or Internet technology. Many countries use a technology called Near Field Communications (NFC), which allows people to pay for items at retailers and vending machines using their mobile device.
4. The mobile industry seems to agree, that location-based mobile spending will top $4 billion in 2015. That is a 1,176,371% increase over 2009 spending. This means that businesses are starting to realize that the old traditional means of advertising are becoming passé. The new method of reaching customers is over their mobile device.
5. The number one search engine in the world, Google, states that 1/3 of all its searches are now mobile searches.
6. Fifty percent (50%) of all Facebook users, log in to Facebook using their mobile device. Facebook traffic has almost matched that of Google. If you are going to reach people in mobile media, you need to have a plan for both Google and Facebook.
7. Believe it or not, people under 25 feel that email is too slow. They prefer to communicate through text messages. More than 95% of all SMS (mobile text messages) are read by recipients compared to about 20% of all email marketing rates. Although it is currently more expensive, SMS messages are read by your customers. Contact mobile marketing companies for more help.
As people increasingly use their cell phones and mobile devices to conduct searches, local internet marketing and mobile marketing will become synonymous terms. Potential customers will be looking for you, but if you have not integrated local internet marketing or a mobile marketing strategy into your plan, they will simply walk on by.